Accessory statements seem to be bold everywhere this current season. With that in mind I thought it would be fitting to show you all how to make an eye-catching hairpiece of your own. This comb is rather simple to make and extremely useful in the accessorizing department so go ahead and get a little crafty if you will.
- If you are working with plastic leaves I would recommend using sandpaper to prepare the leaves before spray painting them later on.
- Take a single branch and cut off the top leaf.
- Cut a fairly long piece of string. I would say around 30 -40 cm.
- Pick a second branch of leaves and tie the first branch underneath, positioned slightly below. This will make your branch look longer. In terms of tying: its best to wrap the string around and tie it at various places for a firm hold.
- In the same way you’ve tied the branches together, wrap the string around your branches and comb whilst knotting securely.
- Once done, you may cut out any string-ends and prepare to spray paint. Spray your comb on one side and allow it to dry for a few hours (I waited half a day) before turning it over to do the other side.
- (Optional) If you are like me, you may want to finish off by spraying an additional layer of gold spray paint or varnish.