As the saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Here are 5 quick facts as to why this early meal is so vital:
- It gives us a fresh dosage of energy after an “overnight fast”. Skipping breakfast is like running on a partially charged battery- its bound to run out!
- It has been known to effectivelymanage weight- it controls appetite as you’re less likely to crave high sugar/carb foods later during the day.
- It restores sugar levels in the body that are necessary for the brain to function.
- It helps us with the ability to focus and concentrate.
- Eating breakfast before a workout gives your muscles the energy needed for a fuelled performance, leading to increased burning of fat